Vaibhav Fellowship 2023: Government of India has launched a fellowship scheme to foster collaboration between Indian Diaspora and Indian institutions. It was followed by ‘Vashvik Bharatiya Vaigyanik’ which was attended by over 25,000 attendances conducted over 23 days.
Vaibhav fellowship was constituted by DST, Ministry of Science and Technology. It plays a key role in the organization, coordination, and promotion of Science and Technology activities in the country.
A ‘Vaibhav fellow’ would work in an Indian institution and would spend a period of two months to 3 years maximum.
Official Notification: https://dst.gov.in/sites/default/files/VAIBHAV%20Fellowships.pdf
Vaibhav Fellowship 2023 Deadline: 31st July 2023
Vaibhav Fellowship 2023: Benefits
- You will receive a fellowship of INR 4 lac (USD 5000) per month for a minimum duration of 2 months to a maximum of 3 years
- Travel allowance in business class from your parent institute to your place of work in India
- Fully equipped Daily lodging at a guesthouse or hotel up to Rs.7,500
- Expenditure reserve of Rs 1,000,000 per year for research in India
- Domestic Travel (economy class) for academic reasons to a maximum of two Indian academic or scientific institutions per year.
- The grant will be awarded to the Indian host institution, which would then award the VAIBHAV Fellow a fellowship
Duties as a VAIBHAV fellowship
- Share knowledge regarding the best practices in research
- Build long-term connections so as to benefit both parties
- Connect Indian students to the foreign research environment
- Innovate approaches for future research processes
Vaibhav Fellowship 2023: Eligibility
- You need to be either Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), People of Indian Origin (PIOs or Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) who are currently employed overseas
- Ph.D/M.D/M.S/M.Tech degree from a recognized University
- Actively engaged in research
- Currently Working/worked at Institute/University in the top-200 QS World University Ranking (subject-wise) for at least 5 years (in regular/tenured job).
Currently working overseas in reputable research laboratories or industry for at least five years (but should not be PhD or Post-doctoral fellow)
You need to be from the following areas of research
1. Quantum Technologies: Quantum Communication; Quantum Computing;QuantumSensing and Metrology; Quantum Materials and Devices
2. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Foundation of AI/ML; AI/ML and Signals; AI for Social Good; AI and Robotics
3. Computational Sciences: High-Performance Computing Architectures; Computational Atmospheric Sciences; Cyber-Physical Systems
4. Data Sciences: Data Science Project Management; Data Science Infrastructure, Deployment, and Hosting; Data Privacy and Security; Data Science Education; Data Science Applications
5. Photonics: Photonic Devices; Optical Imaging and Bio-photonics; Photonic Materials and Sources; Nano-photonics; Integrated Photonics and Communication
6. Energy: Future Electricity Systems; Sustainable Mobility Technologies; Advanced Fossil Technologies; Sustainable Future Fuels
7. Electronics and Semiconductor Technologies: Semiconductor Materials and Process Technologies; Semiconductor Devices: Physics and Technology; Electronic Circuits and System Design
8. Communication Technologies: Cellular Evolution 5G and Beyond (THz Comm); Communication Technologies for IoT/CPS; High-Speed Optical Communication – backbone networks; Cognitive Technologies for Futuristic Communication
9. Aerospace Technologies: Aerospace Systems and Design; Propulsion Technologies; Flight Structure and Integrity; Modeling and Simulations; Unmanned Aerial Systems and Countermeasures
10. Materials and Processing Technologies: Structural Materials; Materials Recycling & Purification; Advanced & Functional Materials; Catalytic Materials & Processes; Computational Materials Science
11. Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Science; Polar Science; Ocean Science/Technology; Geo Science/Technology
12. Environmental Sciences: Air Quality Management; Water Quality Management; Soil and Waste Management; Carbon Sequestration and Biodiversity Conservation; Climate Change
13. Advanced Manufacturing Technologies: Smart Manufacturing, IoT, Digital Manufacturing; Additive Manufacturing; Precision/Micro-nano Manufacturing/Surface Engineering; Industrial Machines, Robotics/Automation; Speciality Products Manufacturing
14. Health, Medical Sciences, and Biomedical Devices: Advanced Technologies in Health Care; Precision Health; Holistic Health; Remote and Rural Health – Reaching the unreached
15. Pharmaceuticals and Bio-Technology: Biotherapeutics and Biosimilars; Industrial Biotechnology; Infectious Diseases/ Disease biology; Drug Discovery, Repurposing and Drug delivery
16. Agricultural Sciences: Precision Agriculture; Sustainable and Climate Smart Agriculture; Food Safety and Nutritional Security; Climate Resilient Livestock, Veterinary Therapeutics, and Zoonoses control, Nanotechnology in sustainable agriculture and metabolic biology, Modern Fisheries and Aquaculture and seed production, Genome editing, Robotics, farm automation, Digital Agriculture
17. Social Sciences for SDGs: Behavioural Community Approaches & its Impact on Societal Development; Societal aspect of Technology Development with Cause; Socio-Economic aspect of Development
18. Management: Fostering academic collaborations; Mechanisms to increase R&D outputs from Indian institutions; Business innovation; Entrepreneurship for growth; Management of New-Age (Knowledge) Organizations; Making India R&D center of the world / Making India Center of Practice-Oriented Management Knowledge.
Documents to be submitted
- Purpose statement
- Application in prescribed format
- List of recent publications
- Passport copy
- Highest degree certificate
- Experience certificate
- Certificate of no-objection from the institute you are working
- Letter of acceptance from host institute in India
- CV of the scientist you will be working with
- List of publications of the host scientist
Vaibhav Fellowship 2023: How to Apply?
- Application needs to be submitted online to DST
- The scientist under whom you’ll be working needs to apply on behalf of the candidate
- The proposal needs to be made in the prescribed format as mentioned on the website.
- The applicant will get Temporary Project Number (TPN) which needs to be maintained for all future communications
- Confidentiality would be maintained while handling the applications
- Review committee would comprise of representatives of different governments
- Online presentations may be invited as part of the proposal application and candidates will need to be prepared for that
- The expert committee will prioritize applicants in vertical