NIRF Law Ranking 2023: National Law School of India University, Bengaluru is NIRF ranked as Top Law College in India. The NIRF Ranking 2023 for law colleges list is now revealed on June 5, 2023. NIRF ranking helps students in the selection process of colleges, further helping colleges to measure performance, provide quality education, and improve overall education standards. It helps in attracting huge companies and MNCs which provide ample opportunities for students to grow. It helps in ensuring that good social practices are followed by colleges.
Top-Ranked Law Colleges in India for LLB, LLM
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru
- National Law University, NLU Delhi
- Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Launched in 2015, it ensures universities and colleges are working hard in educational and non-educational aspects further improving their performance. It comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development which works as an independent body. In 2023 a total number of 147 colleges applied for NIRF ranking for law colleges. Their main motive is to rank institutions on the basis of standard criteria such as:
- Teaching, Learning, and Resources: involves the main activities of educational institutes, focusing on measuring the number of teachers, assessing the quality of teaching, library, lab resources for research, and all the other academic facilities that lead to development for learners.
- Research and Professional Practice: it measures the quality and quantity of work generated through IPR and collective efforts with industries. Teachers have the moral responsibility to provide the best possible education to their students which will further have a positive impact on society.
- Graduation Outcome: it looks at the rate of graduation per class in a particular year, measuring the success-to-failure ratio in terms of students getting employment opportunities and pursuing higher education after graduation. This criterion emphasizes colleges to imply more output-based learning and teaching techniques.
- Outreach and Inclusivity: it measures how diverse the students are in terms of culture, and the amount of efforts made by colleges to represent women, socially and economically challenged people, and physically challenged people. All these criteria get analyzed in this segment.
- Peer Perception: this parameter involves organizing seminars, events, and training sessions with reputed organizations, and contacting experts from IITs, and several other industries. It further helps in establishing positive peer perception.
Top 30 NIRF Ranking 2023 Law Colleges in India
|Institute ID||Law Colleges||City||State||Score||Rank|
|IR-L-U-0238||National Law School of India University||Bengaluru||Karnataka||80.52||1|
|IR-L-U-0111||National Law University||New Delhi||Delhi||73.91||2|
|IR-L-N-18||Nalsar University of Law||Hyderabad||Telangana||73.76||3|
|IR-L-U-0585||The West Bengal National University of Juridicial Sciences||Kolkata||West Bengal||69.34||4|
|IR-L-U-0108||Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||New Delhi||Delhi||68.3||5|
|IR-L-C-19328||Symbiosis Law School||Pune||Maharashtra||66.67||6|
|IR-L-U-0134||Gujarat National Law University||Gandhinagar||Gujarat||65.69||7|
|IR-L-U-0363||Siksha `O` Anusandhan||Bhubaneswar||Odisha||64.04||8|
|IR-L-U-0573||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||Kharagpur||West Bengal||62.2||9|
|IR-L-U-0498||Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||61.05||10|
|IR-L-I-1441||Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences||Chennai||Tamil Nadu||59.37||11|
|IR-L-U-0356||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology||Bhubaneswar||Odisha||59.2||12|
|IR-L-U-0496||Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh||Uttar Pradesh||56.51||14|
|IR-L-U-0476||Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy||Thanjavur||Tamil Nadu||56.37||15|
|IR-L-U-0379||Lovely Professional University||Phagwara||Punjab||55.41||16|
|IR-L-U-0103||Indian Law Institute||New Delhi||Delhi||55.34||17|
|IR-L-U-0285||National Law Institute University, Bhopal||Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||54.68||18|
|IR-L-U-0099||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||New Delhi||Delhi||54.13||19|
|IR-L-U-0386||The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala||Patiala||Punjab||51.53||20|
|IR-L-U-0511||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||50.9||21|
|IR-L-U-0500||Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh||50.18||22|
|IR-L-U-0155||Amity University Haryana, Gurgaon||Gurugram||Haryana||49.55||23|
|IR-L-U-0600||National University of Study & Research in Law||Ranchi||Jharkhand||48.2||24|
|IR-L-C-22215||Army Institute of Law, Sector-68||Mohali||Punjab||47.65||26|
|IR-L-U-0677||National Law University and Judicial Academy||Kamrup||Assam||46.6||28|
|IR-L-U-0749||Manipal University Jaipur||Jaipur||Rajasthan||46.54||29|
|IR-L-U-0358||National Law University||Cuttack||Odisha||46.02||30|