MSc Course: MSc or Masters of Science is a two-year-long PG degree program. This program is designed to teach students who are willing to pursue a career in science and want to enhance their skills. Physics, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, etc., are the most common specializations for MSc offered in almost every college of India.
Today, science and technology play an important role in our lives. They are all around us. The range of specialties and courses available to students is enormous. The preferred degree for postgraduate education in this field is the MSc. The duration of the program can vary depending on the university. Take a look at the MSc specializations offered by these universities!
Technology has become an integral part of our everyday lives. We are surrounded by it. Various specializations and courses are offered to students. An MSc course is preferred in postgraduate education in this field. The duration of the program may be one or two years depending on the university. Find out what MSc courses are available and which specializations are offered!
MSc Admission 2022 will be granted through the criteria of entrance exam score and students’ previous merit. A few of the top admission] exams conducted to grant MSc entry are TISS NET, JNUEE, BITSAT, and many others. Many colleges in India offer this PG degree program like Delhi University, Symbiosis University, Amity University, and soon.
Who Should Pursue MSc Course?
The details are given below provide the information about the students who can pursue MSc course like:
- Any student who has completed graduate studies in science or relevant discipline can enroll in the MSc courses.
- Those students who have intentions to join the Ministry of Science & Technology must pursue this course to have higher positions in this sector.
- A candidate who will be a scientist, lab manager, assistant scientific officer, etc., must pursue this course. It can also be taken by students who want to further grow their career in the academic environment to become science teachers, lecturers, or professors.
When to pursue MSc Course?
There is no perfect event where students should enroll in the MSc course. However, for the ease of fresh graduates, who choose to study MSc Course must know the following points:
- Pupils can choose to continue pursuing an MSc Course right out of college or even at a subsequent time.
- There is no upper age limit for enrolling in the subject in most cases. Aspirants who pursue an MSc degree are eligible for various state and business job prospects.
- Every candidate who has intentions to complete their studies quickly must be enrolled in the course as soon as possible, in this way they will be able to complete their studies on time.
Admission to the MSc Course
MSc course is a post-graduate level course offered by multiple institutions and the process for admission to the course also varies as per the institution and the specializations of the course. Some institutions provide admission after applicant’s preliminary exam scores and on the other side, multiple institutions conduct entrance test for admission.
Merit for academic achievement:
Students are usually admitted to MSc colleges in India on the basis of academic merit. The college’s MSc qualification criteria must be met before candidates are shortlisted for the course.
Applicants for admission to exams:
There are some universities that require MSc students to take an entrance exam. The entrance exams for Christ University, Delhi University, and Amity University are held each year. Students who pass the MSc entrance exam are eligible for admission to the college.
What is MSc Course?
The MSc (Master of Science) is a globally recognized degree. College is not only for advancing your profession but also for becoming an expert in a particular field. Most Indian students choose this degree because of the numerous advantages it provides.
Students with a Master’s degree in science can pursue a doctorate or work in MSc-related jobs such as regulatory affairs expert, lab manager, project assistant, patent associate, junior research fellow, etc. Master of Science salaries often ranges from INR 3 to 5 LPA.
It is a two-year PG programme aimed to teach students important scientific and technological abilities. This course requires a bachelor’s degree in science. To pass the bachelor’s test, students must score at least 50% or higher.
You can work in research, biotechnology, medical laboratories, food institutions, academia, and other fields with an MSc.
MSc Course Details:
- Masters of Science is abbreviated MSc.
- Many universities offer this two-year postgraduate degree programme. MSc degrees are available in various disciplines, including chemistry, physics, math, and computer science.
- The top MSc colleges include BHU, JNU, and the University of Hyderabad.
- The entrance exam is required for MSc admission. BHU UET, BITSAT, IPU CET, UPSEE, JNUEE, NPAT, DUET, TISS NET, etc.
- MSc Leading Universities in India cost between INR 6,460 and 1.10 Lacs per year. Distance MSc courses are also available in India.
- MSc online programme prices range from INR 10,000 to 40,000. Direct entry to MSc Remote Education institutes.
- MSc holders can work as Project Assistants, Pharma Associates, Patent Associates, Lab Managers, Food Safety Analysts, and Regulatory Affairs Specialists. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), GAIL, Ranbaxy, etc., are top recruiters in India.
- MSc degree holders in renowned positions earn between INR 5 and 12 lacs per annum.
- After completing this programme, one can pursue a doctorate or an MBA.
Why Study MSc after 12th?
An MSc degree holder has many advantages in the workplace. Among the reasons to choose this course are:
Many prominent colleges and organisations recognised for their R&D efforts and inventions welcome candidates with an MSc certificate.
For example, many scientific students take the GATE test to get a Master of Technology (M-Tech), which pays approximately 4-8 LPA, depending on the university, the student’s success in the question and answer session, and the student’s success in the question and answer session as their technical knowledge.
It is also an option to advance MBA degrees to enter the hard and demanding business world. Aside from the MBA, students can pursue a Managerial MBA tailored to working adults.
MSc Course Admission
- MSc admissions for 2022 will start at several universities soon.
- If you have good grades and pass exams, you can apply for an MSc in 2021. Written admission tests are used to see how smart and knowledgeable candidates are.
- After the seniority-based and admission test processes, a group discussion and personal interview are needed to ensure everyone is in.
MSc Admission Process
- The MSc degree is awarded to individuals who have excelled in their academic studies. A minimum of 50%-60% in the undergraduate study is required.
- The admission test determines MSc admission. The most prevalent MSc entry exams include BITSAT, JNUEE, TISS NET, etc.
- Some universities, including JSS University, provide direct MSc enrollment based on a student’s UG grades or other comparable evaluations.
MSc Distance Education
MSc distance learning is available in various fields of study and from several well-known universities and colleges in India. Annamalai University, IGNOU, and others are some of the best places to get a distance masters in science.
The Master of Science programme lasts two to six years, and students with a valid Bachelor of Science degree can apply online. Popular distance learning MSc programmes include science, strategic planning, financial services, and other advanced studies.
Distance MSc Admission Process
The MSc Application Process is the same as the one for general admission, and it can be done at the same time as the application is sent to the universities.
Acceptances are set to happen between March and May each year. They require a UG degree credential and result document, personal information, and a small fee of about INR 1000.
MSc IT Admission
MSc in IT is a specialized course focusing on the main aspects related to information technology. The duration of this course is 2 years and in this duration, the students cover the syllabus of the MSc course by keeping the objective towards IT technology.
By opting for the MSc IT course students have the opportunity for getting a highly reputed and opted job in the IT atmosphere. Students who have completed their bachelor’s study from a recognized institution can apply for admission in the MSc IT course in a reputed institution.
MSc Course: Learning Modes
Students can now pursue MSc in a variety of available types. Usually, the course is offered as MSc full-time, MSc Part-time, and MSc online education system. Below are given the details about each.
MSc in India is mostly offered in full-time mode. The MSc is a good choice for anyone who wants to get more education in a field that focuses on statistical research and how to do research.
Various higher education institutes can pursue this course. Multiple sectors in India recruit MSc degree holders in various positions. Students take this course because of its opportunities when they complete and acquire the degree.
A Part-Time MSc degree is designed for teaching persons who are also working adults. Through the part-time classes, they will be able to study at some time and work at other available times. This type of degree is also famous for providing a great job prospectus. The fee for such programs is also less than the other regular studies.
Like a regular MSc, MSc Online lets students go to school without having to travel or follow a strict academic schedule. As previously said, most online universities charge around INR 20000 for a Master of Science. Private universities may charge between INR 40000 and INR 80000.
The Master of Science subject field offers numerous alternatives in terms of career. The MSc remuneration ranges between INR 3 and 5 LPA or higher, depending on the person’s abilities, competence, and performance in the Q&A session.
MSc Admission Eligibility Criteria
- The following are the main selection rules for MSc courses which are accompanied in about every university and college throughout India:
- Pupils should hold a BSc or any degree in a related field.
- A lower limit of 50 to 60percent at the bachelor’s level is required to gain enrolment.
- Aspirants from the backward classes are typically given a 5percent discount.
- Based on the institution, the lowest cumulative scores needed could vary. There is usually no maximum age for getting admitted to a Master of Science training course.
MSc Course Syllabus
The MSc curriculum largely depends on the topics and specialities chosen by the pupil. It consists largely of required courses worth three to4 credit hours and various modules worth 2 to 3 credit hours that must be chosen in the final year.
Most of the classes you need to take include training and seminars, especially in Experimental Science and Survey. The MSc Math programme teaches Linear Algebra, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, and other math topics. There are a lot of classes in the MSc Biology programme, like Cell Biology, Microbiology, Clinical Immunology, and more. If you get an MSc in Physics, you’ll learn about things like classical mechanics and advanced optics as well as electronics and nuclear physics.
MSc Entrance Exam
For enrolment to a Master of Science curriculum, a few admission tests are held at both the national and institute levels. The hereunder are among the top significant institute’s entrance tests applying for entry.
- JNUEE: JNUEE 2022 is an entrance exam that is held one time in a year on the level of the university. The assessment is held for aspirants getting entry to JNU’s fourteen School systems’ bachelors, masters, M.Phil., Doctorate, and integrated programs.
- BHU PET:
- The Banaras Hindu University Post Graduation Entrance Exam is required for admission (BHU PET). This is a test that the university gives at the master’s level. Many people think that students can get into all kinds of classes.
- BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test, or BITSAT. It’s used to get people into Incorporated First Courses of studies like B.E., B.Pharm, and Master of Science at BITS academic institutions in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
- TISS NET: The TISS NET assessment links the NAAC Grade A institutions and over 55 core subjects. TISSNET is an online exam of 100 minutes total time in which 100 queries should be responded to.
- DUET: DU Entrance Exam is an assessment of students taken by Delhi University for admission to MSc and various other programs. Each year the National Testing Agency arranges this entrance exam in August.
MSc Course Entrance Exam Pattern
The MSc entrance test syllabus differs by the body, and various institutes have followed a similar format for the MSc admission test. Most MSc courses, including Geophysics and Biochemistry, need entrance tests. You’ll find multiple-choice questions on subjects like biology and physics in it, and almost 100 questions are provided with one positive mark for each correct response.
Top MSC Colleges in India
MSc Admission in Delhi University
Students can take a Master’s degree in Science at Delhi University by choosing a wide range of specializations. Delhi University admissions for MSc courses are based on merit; it must be noted that the entrance exam is also mandatory in this case. Any student who applies to the DU MSc admission must confirm the eligibility criteria. First of all, it must be ensured that the applicant has completed graduation and has obtained at least 45-50% marks in it.
MSc Admission in IGNOU
IGNOU, through its Open and distance learning method, offers increased learning to people from all walks of life by having a range of initiatives at reasonable prices. It provides unique and needs initiatives at different phases that focus on the participants’ needs. It is expected that IGNOU MSc admissions will soon start in January 2022, and the second session will begin in June or July.
MSc Admission in IPU
IPU Admissions for MSc Course are also starting soon and based on the online application system. Students will need to visit the online webpage of Indraprastha University and check for the details in the application portal.
The admission at IPU for MSc courses will be based on merit, but the entrance exam also takes the assessment of students. In this regard, the IPU conducts Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test or IPU CET. This exam is held every year, and students become eligible to sit for MSc in it after graduation.
MSc Admission in Symbiosis University
MSc Admissions provided by Symbiosis University will also be based on an assessment of students through the entrance exam and their merit in the previous studies. Symbiosis University will begin the application process soon and conduct an entrance exam. Symbiosis University Entrance Test is the university level test taken by Symbiosis for granting MSc and other admissions. It will soon begin in May, and the entrance exam may be held in June 2022.
MSc Admission in Amity University
Amity University is a choice of thousands of students for taking MSc course. This university also provides MSc admissions through the entrance exam evaluation of students. Every candidate will appear in the test and obtain enough marks to become able. Before appearing on the test eligibility of students depends on their bachelor’s level qualification and the marks they have obtained in BSc or related degree.
IGNOU MSc Distance Education
Thousands of students choose Amity University for their MSc programmes. This university also offers MSc admissions based on student entrance exams. Every candidate will take the test and pass it. Students’ eligibility to take the test is determined by their bachelor’s degree and their BSc or similar degree marks.
MSc Course Colleges in Delhi
There are approximately 202 MSc colleges in Delhi, including Hindu College, St. Stephens College, GD Goenka University, Miranda House, etc. Various other colleges are there among some private and some government. Delhi MSc colleges have a fee of INR 9000 to INR 105000.
MSc Course Colleges in Mumbai
Students can take MSc degree courses from around 99 colleges in Mumbai. Few of these 99 colleges are St. Xavier’s College, Jai Hind College, Mithibai College, and soon. All these colleges are associated with UGC and offer MSc with about INR 13000 to INR 50000.
MSc Colleges in Bangalore
In Bangalore, the MSc course is offered by around 94 colleges. These include Christ University, Jain University, Mount Carmel College, St. Josephs College, etc. The average fee of MSc in these colleges is around INR 50000 to INR 128000.
MSc Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad has almost 55 colleges where students can pursue MSc course. Popular are the University of Hyderabad, Nizam College, IIT Hyderabad, St. Ann’s College for Women, etc. INR 13000 to INR 120000 is the average annual fee of MSc in these colleges.