MMLT Course: The Masters of Medical Lab Technology (MMLT) programme is a postgraduate degree that teaches students how to apply medical lab testing in infection therapy, prognosis, and cure. Students who choose to continue an academic subject after finishing BMLT, BOT, or BPT often pursue this two-year master’s degree programme.
The admission and selection procedure for the MMLT journey varies by the academy and is generally based on merit as determined by the marks obtained in the previous board exam or is offered on a first bring, first-served option. Pupils should have completed 12th class or comparable in a related subject from a reputed institution to qualify for this program.
- Assam Down Town University (ADTU) is offering admission to MMLT Course. Students can apply for admission 2022-23 online. Click here to apply.
What is MMLT?
MMLT is a medically trained course that teaches students the theory and practice of using medical lab tests to diagnose, treat, and mitigate a variety of ailments. Learners will be able to diagnose and treat diseases, as well as the numerous successful therapies, during this two-year Master’s degree.
Students of the MMLT course also get to learn about the gathering and sample selection of sensitive information and running tests, paperwork, and tracking. They research ailments and the implementation of various equipment in medical laboratories to test clinical performance.
MMLT Course Details
- MMLT is the abbreviation used for Masters of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- It is a course of study provided at the post-graduation level with a time frame of 2 years. The study program is taught being separated into almost four academic sessions called the semester.
- This study also provides aspirants with the necessary skills and knowledge to operate sophisticated lab tools.
- To get enrolled in this course, students must have a UG degree in science with almost 50% marks at least. Based on merit, the estimated yearly cost for MMLT varies between INR 20,000 and INR 1.5 LPA.
- Degree holders of this subject might very well work in medical labs as Technologists or Technicians. Clinical specialists are recruited by private clinics, public hospitals, care facilities, and health centers with medical laboratories.
- Students can be employed as Medical Phlebotomist, Biochemist, Lab Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist, Clinical Lab Technologist, Phlebotomist, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory technicians, and soon.
- MMLT degree holders are also sought after by promotional clinical laboratories and pathology laboratories. According to their experience in this industry, the mean annual income for such degree holders varies between INR 2 and INR 10 LPA.
All about MMLT Course
MMLT is a postgraduate study where students learn about multiple diagnosis processes and disease treatment therapies. During the program, MMLT pupils undertake multiple clinical analyses on bodily secretions, including immunology, bacteriology, hematology, and microscopic and chemical examinations. Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, Diagnostic Cytology, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, and other labs are part of the MMLT program’s syllabus.
This study program prepares learners to work in various academic, health centers, and public settings, as they will be able to operate laboratories, management consulting, and outpatient health institutions. The technical and academic expertise of the technician or technologist determines work options in this area.
Why Students Should Study MMLT after the 12th?
MMLT is among the best education programs for learners who would like to operate in the medical domain because degree holders will move through the right skills and obtain the necessary skills. Hereunder are some considerations that pupils must bear in mind when deciding on an MMLT program:
MMLT is among the best and highly demanded studies for applicants interested in the medical field.
It is intended to provide pupils with the theory and practice of Toxicology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Haematology, Blood Bank, Cytology, and other related fields. Medical laboratory personnel is critical to the smooth operation of any particularly acute health center.
Students interested in studying this class would have to have strong analytical expertise and the capability to follow instructions correctly. Most of their activities, including preparing presentations, tissue samples, or even other samples obtained, are performed by MMLT degree holders utilizing laboratory instruments.
Understudies with a context and competence in science, instruments, laboratory equipment, and the capacity to choose a web browser as well as it is software products successfully will excel in this journey.
When to pursue MMLT?
- MMLT can be taken at the right time, that is when a student completes his graduation.
- Immediately the student, after taking a BSc degree, must be enrolled in MMLT if he desires to complete his master’s as soon as possible.
- This course is also suitable to pursue when you are already in a related field and want to enhance your professional skills.
Modes of MMLT Course
A variety of study modes are available for MMLT courses, including full-time, part-time, and online. In a regular mode, students have to take classes at the college or campus regularly. There are many universities in India that offer regular education for MMLT programs. Some universities offer MMLT courses in part-time mode, so in case students are unable to attend the college on a regular basis, they can opt for part-time programs.
Full-Time MMLT Course
Full-Time MMLT Course is the most common type of academic learning at the postgraduate level, and this course lasts for two years and is offered by many full-time universities. The academic fee of the full-time MMLT course is INR 60000 to INR 100000.
It teaches students everything, students need to understand regarding lab technician scientific knowledge and the processes for sensing pathogenic microbes and accurately identifying people for a possible cure.
Individuals who complete a Master in Medical Laboratory Technology (MMLT) program are likely to land meaningful work in government and private industry. These students can earn around INR 2 to 5 LPA after being employed.
Part-Time MMLT Course
Students can now enroll in the part-time MMLT course to get easy learning. It has the same duration but can be changed based on students’ interests. Many students in India choose to study in part-time mode.
The curriculum aims to teach practical and theoretical skills related to different human body functions, disease pathogenesis, the process of ailment conception, and methods of identifying and treating it using diverse diagnostic laboratory testing. As there is a good need for testing laboratories in both towns and cities, self-practicing or possessing a Diagnostic Testing lab is now a satisfying job opportunity.
Online MMLT is a degree program offered via virtual learning. It is an excellent opportunity for students who want to take classes at the office, at home, or anywhere else. There are institutes like IGNOU, Uttarakhand Open University, Tamil Nadu Open University, and others that offer MMLT online courses.
The duration of the MMLT Course in such a type of learning can be more than the normal MMLT courses. Likewise, the tuition fee of online MMLT courses is not higher than normal MMLT courses. Because of the development of India’s medical sector, the demand for medical technologists is increasing. People with degrees have ample chances in government/private health facilities, nursing facility centers, blood banks, pathology research labs, etc.
MMLT Course Admission Process
- Acceptance to the MMLT curriculum is either based on performance or the results of an admission test. Enrolment based on merit considers the cumulative score obtained at the Undergraduate scale of qualification and the entry criteria. The acceptance rate will differ depending on the institution to which one applies.
- Enrolment schedules are available once every year, between May and August. The academic institutions proclaim the schedules ahead of time.
- To begin the admissions process, an identity must be formed with an email account, contact information, and other information.
- Sign in with your knowledge to build a resume and begin stuffing out the request form.
MMLT Eligibility Criteria
- The entry requirements for MMLT courses will vary from one institution to the next. Even so, an overall enrolment criterion can be developed that will apply to the majority of the elite universities. The following are the admission requirements for the program:
- Applicants must graduate with a related subject from an academic institution.
- To be qualified for the acceptance session, the applicant should have received a least cumulative rating of 40 to 50 percent.
- A viable admission test rating is needed for the ultimate acceptances session, accompanied by another session of counseling or a questionnaire method session.
MMLT Course Entrance Exams
MMLT admissions are based on the entrance exam as per the criteria of various Indian colleges. The level of such exams can be different these include university level, state-level, or national level entrance exams.
- CUCET: The Central University Common Entrance Test is a test conducted for admissions at 14 central universities in India. This exam is organized once a year, and the level of this exam is national. It is expected that the application process for the CUCET entrance exam will remain open from the 2nd week of March to its last week in the year 2022. The test gives learners a solitary ability to offer admission to such participating universities. The National Testing Agency or NTA conducts CUCET.
- AUCET: The Andhra University Common Entrance Test is conducted for admissions to numerous UG and PG courses, and Andhra University annually conducts this exam. The applications for AUCET will be made available by Andhra University in the mid of March 2022. The registration cost for General category Aspirants is INR 600. To pertain to the exam, applicants should have a legitimate 10+2 credential.
Syllabus of Entrance Exam
The syllabus for the various entrance exam like CUCET, AUCET, and others for the year 2022 may be varying. Almost all exams conducted for MMLT admissions have a common subject curriculum, and it is provided to students so that they can be prepared for the exam in the exact path and manner. The common subjects given in the MMLT entrance exam syllabus are Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. Every type of exam follows the English language as the medium for paper, and the queries that come in the paper are of the MCQs type. Almost a time frame of 120 minutes is given to students to solve this paper.
MMLT Course Admission
- Admittance to the MMLT Course is heavily reliant on achievement in the admissions test. To be admitted, you must score well on some of the most well-known Standardized Tests.
- One year prior to the admissions test deadline, begin planning for the entry test, individual question and answer session, and group sessions.
- To pass the structured questionnaire session, keep abreast mostly on recent updates, recent news, factual data, and regulatory requirements.
- Individuals must perform well in the board exam of the corresponding university or college to be considered for performance admittance.
- Retain the intended higher education institutions in your brain as you pinpoint down a list of leading MMLT institutes in India.
- Continue applying at the moment, or the institution in question will turn down the request.
- Maintain oneself informed on the most recent date of registration, admission test deadline, entry time frame, Qualifications, etc., such that individuals do not even forget any essential admittance specifics.
- To succeed in the admission test, go over the online site of the selected universities and extensively review the teaching plan.
MMLT Admission to Delhi University
Delhi University, formally known as the University of Delhi, provides admissions for MMLT courses at its various associated colleges and main campus. It will start admissions in June 2022. The admissions for MMLT at DU will be organized via the Delhi University Entrance Test, and this entrance exam is held once in an academic year.
MMLT Admission in IGNOU
The MMLT admissions at IGNOU are made twice an entire year, and it opens the application process for various courses in January and July sessions. IGNOU takes no specific entrance exam to grant MMLT admissions. However, students will have to meet the merit-based criteria for MMLT Course admissions. And the criteria are based on having 50% marks in the graduation degree in the relevant field. Interested students can apply for admission through: @ignou.ac.in.
MMLT Admission to IPU
Masters of MedicalLab Technology courses are also offered through the IPU admissions. For the coming academic year, IPU will soon start the MMLT application process. Students are informed that taking MMLT admissions at IPU will require them to qualify for an entrance exam. The most common entrance exam taken by IPU is the IPU CET.
MMLT Admission to Symbiosis University
Symbiosis University admissions for MMLT and other PG-level courses will be started soon. It will be the merit plus entrance-based admissions. Mostly Symbiosis University begins the application process in June or July of each year. It will conduct the Symbiosis University Entrance Test for MMLT admissions. Also, this university accepts the score acquired by students in various national entry exams.
MMLT Admission to Amity University
In India, Amity University has ranked among the top higher educational institutes. Students who desire to study in the MMLT program can take admissions at Amity University. The application process will be set online, and students will need to register themselves on the online webpage of AU. After confirming the registrations, AU might conduct an entrance or accept the national-level entrance exam score.
MMLT Distance Education
Distance Education is also an option available to students for taking the MMLT course admissions. It is one of the easiest ways for students or working professionals to accomplish their studies. One of the top institutions in India known for distance learning is IGNOU, where students can study this course. The merit criteria are almost the same, excluding the entrance exam.
Distance MMLT Admission Process
- To take admissions in a distance MMLT program, one must fulfill the required eligibility criteria. Students are granted merit-based type admissions, and students must meet the criteria given below:
- Every candidate should complete a BSc degree in any field of science, and it must be confirmed that the students have secured 45% minimum marks in the last qualifying exam of BSc.
- Apart from the merit criteria, students are informed that they will not appear in any entrance exam.
- Age limit is not provided; students can apply at any age.
IGNOU MMLT Distance Education
MMLT course can be pursued at IGNOU in the distance mode. IGNOU or Indira Gandhi National Open University is a prestigious and well-known university in India for distance learning, and thousands of students get enrolled in IGNOU courses every year.
IGNOU provides merit-based admissions to the eligible students meeting the given eligibility criteria, and it does not conduct any entrance exam for this purpose. The duration of the MMLT program offered by IGNOU is two years normally, but it also sometimes takes four years.
The MMLT course tuition fee charged by IGNOU is almost INR 25000, and IGNOU does not require any specific age limit for granting MMLT admissions.
MMLT Course Syllabus:
Master of Medical Laboratory Technology is a PG program that takes almost two years to complete. There are four semesters in which the whole syllabus is separated. Most of the subjects taught in this course include Diagnostic Cytology, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, and many more. The semester wise curriculum is given as:
The first semester subjects are Blood Banking and Immunopathology, Analytical and Physical Biochemistry, Advanced Microbiology, Endocrinology, Metabolic and Nutritional Biochemistry, etc.
In the second semester, one will learn about LMT, Molecular Biology, Advanced Haematology, Systematic Bacteriology, Diagnostic Microbiology, etc.
Medical Parasitology, Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology & Cytogenetics, Mycology & Virology, and Histopathology & Cytopathology are subjects in the third semester.
Students will be taught in the last semester’s Biostatics and Epidemiology and Systematic Bacteriology & Diagnostic Microbiology. It also includes the submission of the Dissertation.
MMLT Colleges in Delhi
Students can find almost 14 colleges in Delhi where MMLT courses can be taken, including 13 private and one public MMLT college. Jamia Hamdard University, University College of Medical Science, Galgotias University, Amity University, etc. Here, the tuition fee ranges from INR 25000 to INR 135000 annually.
MMLT Colleges in Mumbai
Some of the leading MMLT colleges in Delhi include Success Pharmacy Academy, Institute of Paramedical Education, Perth Institutes of Pharmacy, Dr. Gaikwad Institute, etc. The range fee in Mumbai MMLT colleges is INR 35000 to 3.5 LPA.
MMLT Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore has top MMLT colleges such as MaaBhagwati Institute, Sanskruti Academy, Mahatma Phule Paramedical College, etc. The MMLT courses at the colleges of Bangalore can be pursued with a tuition fee of INR 40000 to INR 70000.
MMLT Colleges in Hyderabad
There are many colleges in Hyderabad that offer MMLT studies. A few of the top MMLT colleges in Hyderabad include Santosh College, Kakatiya University, AWARE College of Nursing, and AWARE College of Medical Lab Technology, etc. All these colleges are renowned for quality education.