India G20 Presidency: As we know that India has been selected for the G20 Presidency for one year from 1 December 2022 to 30 November 2023. In this regard, the Fourth G20 Education Working Group meeting is going to be held on Jun 19, 2023, to Jun 22, 2023, at Pune, Maharashtra with G20 Education Ministers. Several programs and activities are organized by the Ministry of Education (MOE) under the “Jan Bhagidari” event. India’s G20 Presidency will be people-centric and participatory, in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision.
- Pre-scheduled events such as annual days, convocations, and sporting events, should be promoted under the name G20 event.
- To promote this event institutes should display logos and posters on their campus. Social media platforms could also be used to promote this event.
- Events like seminars, quizzes, painting, crossword, declamation, marathon, sporting events, and youth camps should be conducted under this program and finals being conducted on a national level in September, with prize distribution, Jazz Band and NCC Parade.
- G20 T-shirts, Caps, Wrist Bands, and G20 badges will be distributed to all the participating students and NSS/NYKS volunteers.
- All organizers must undertake Swachchta Campaign in and around their respective areas.
The above-mentioned activities are just to provide an idea, universities can include other programs as well that are related to the G20 events. These programs are conducted in educational institutions to educate youth about G20 and the idea behind it. On the University Activity Monitoring Portal (UAMP) at https://uamp.ugc.ac.in/. the relevant details, along with photos and videos, can be uploaded along with the event.