DU UG Admission 2023: University of Delhi (DU) in a press statement released on 17th July yesterday, has announced the upload of its first cut-off merit list for UG admission 2023. After the declaration of the CUET UG 2023 result, DU has asked registered students (1st phase CSAS) to log in for 2nd phase CSAS registration under which the students have to choose their Subjects, Courses, and Colleges Combinations.
The students left from registration for (Common Seat Allocation System) CSAS 1st phase are also eligible to apply, the last date of CSAS registration for Phase I & Phase II will end on 24 July 2023. Registration for CSAS phase II started on 17 July 2023 through the official website ugadmission.uod.ac.in.
Correction Window: The university in the issued press release, has mentioned the correction window also. And the students wishing to edit/modify/review can do certain fields till 20 July 2023 as the last date to correct/upload/update the caste/sports certificates.
CSAS will lock their preferences till 27th July automatically.
Students can check the final simulated list declared on July 29 on the DU portal. DU Admission Process under Common Seat Allocation System includes several of the following scheduled procedure:
- The Online registration for CSAS Phase I
- The Online Login to Dashboard by Candidates as CSAS Second Phase
- Simulated Lists ( Cut off Merit List or CSAS Merit list)
- The First Round of CSAS allotment
- The second Round of CSAS Allotment
- The Third Round of CSAS Allotment
This process consists of two steps:
1) Preferences change windows till 29th July only for one time to be available for students.
2) DU will Declare the first CSAS allocated list on 1st August 2023. Students must check this status for their further process otherwise they will be missed admission to DU.
First Round of CSAS Allotment and Admission 2023:
This process consists of three important steps for students.
1) Candidates will have to “Accept” the allocated seat (including course, subjects, and college) between 1st August to 4th August 2023.
2) After the Confirmation of “Accept” by candidates of allocated seats, Colleges will verify and approve the online application filled already by students. Colleges will do this between the 1st to 5th of August 2023.
3) Once the verification and approval have been made by Colleges, Candidates will have to pay the admission fee till 6th July 2023.
Second round of CSAS Allocation and Admissions:
This round includes six important steps:
1) DU will display the list of vacant seats in colleges on its portal on 7th Aug 2023.
2) Window will be open for students to re-order the higher preferences between 7th-8th Aug 2023.
3) DU will declare the 2nd CSAS Cut off the merit list (Seat Allocation) on 10th Aug 2023.
4) Candidates will have to “Accept” the allocated seat allotment between 10th Aug -13th Aug 2023.
5) The Colleges will verify and approve the online application already applied by the students.
This process will be held between 10-14th Aug.
6) Candidates will have to submit the Admission fee by the 15th of August 2023.
Third Round of CSAS Allocation and Admission
This round also includes the admission for ECA, Sports, CW, and Supernumerary Quota:
All the Processes mentioned above in the 1st and 2nd rounds will be followed for this third round also. The third admission counseling will start from
1) 17th August 2023 with the Displaying of vacant seats for all and quotas also.
2) The Windows Open allows students to re-order preferences from 17th August -19th Aug 2023.
3) DU will declare the third CSAS cut-off CSAS allocation list on 22nd Aug 2023.
4) Candidates will be able to “Accept” the allocated seat from 22nd Aug – 25th Aug 2023.
5) Colleges will verify and approve the received application already applied by students. This will take time from 22nd Aug -25th Aug 2023.
6) Now the candidates will submit their mandatory admission fee by 26th Aug 2023.
Classes will start on 16th August 2023 for 1st semester
The newly admitted students will be able to join their classes on campuses from the 16th of August 2023, The DU has reflected this information in its press release.
Seat Allotments Ratio Policy 2023 in DU and Colleges in the First Round Cut off
University of Delhi has decided on extra seat allotments in only first-round counseling. Only in the first round, DU Cut off the merit list 20% extra students from UR, PBS-NCL, and EWS categories, and 30% allotments will be done for SC/ST and PWD categories in DU and Colleges as well.
Although on the previous record of 5% withdrawal by students in colleges this year this ratio will be increased to 10% allotments of UR/OBC/NCL/EWS categories and 15% seat allotments of SC/ST.