Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Admission – Eligibility, Fee & Syllabus: A diploma in Petroleum Engineering is an undergraduate diploma after which a certificate is awarded as a merit of the student who has gained the relevant subject’s study in the field of petroleum engineering. This diploma course has the most value among all other diploma courses currently.
What is Petroleum Engineering?
Petroleum engineering is a field that is growing and becoming demanding day by day. There are a lot of risks involved along with it because it is very tough to be and work in the petroleum field for mining, testing, extracting, and many other purposes as well. This is also why there are demand and boom for such petroleum professionals who can handle and take all the associated measures in the field of petroleum engineering well and very efficiently too. The different subjects of petroleum engineering include production engineering, mining engineering, trigonometry and calculus, introduction to petroleum drilling engineering, secondary recovery, petroleum engineering design, petroleum production, petroleum engineering part-time laboratory, and many scores of other subjects too.
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering: An Overview
To be eligible for admission to the diploma in petroleum engineering there are two to three requirements that must be fully met by the candidate taking admission. The candidate must be a science student, he or she must have passed his ten years of education from the SSLC examination board of India. He must also have at least 33% marks in each of his subjects.
The average tuition fee for this diploma course lies between 40,000 INR and 1.5 Lakh INR.
The duration of a diploma in petroleum engineering in India is three years. It takes three years to complete a diploma in this field where each year is divided into two semesters that have six months duration in them.
Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Syllabus
- It delivers up to date knowledge of petroleum geology, well drilling techniques, reservoir engineering, oil and gas manufacture optimization, project development and management, and environmental protection and safety
- It is a two-year diploma program that makes the graduates for employment in the upstream petroleum industry
Subjects of Study
- Chemistry of Oil and Gas
- Reservoir Properties Such as Porosity
- Paraffins and Asphaltenes
- Permeability and Saturation
- Production from Two Phase Reservoirs
- Well Productivity Engineering
- Gas Reservoir Production
- Near Well-Bore Conditions
- Gas Well Deliverability
- Perforations on Well Performance
- Flow Performance
- Well-Head Surface Gathering Systems
- Well Deliverability
- Artificial Left
- Surface Equipment and Operations
- Horizontal Well Production
- Flow Control
- Design and Testing of Flow Lines
- Flow Measurements
- Separators & Components
- Heat Treatment
- Water Injection
- Water Disposal
- Subsurface Equipment
- McKinsey & Company – Mumbai
- Colleges & Universities
- Talific Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. – Silchar
- GD Research Center Pvt. Ltd. – Hyderabad,
- Talific Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. – Ahmadnagar
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited – Gandhinagar
- SM AKER Management Services Pvt. Ltd. – Mumbai
- Field Operator
- Geologist/Petroleum Geologist
- Asst Manager Well Testing
- Process Operator
- Program Management Expert
- Project Manager
- Gas Service Technician
After the successful completion of this diploma, these individuals can get into the petroleum field very easily. The entry-level salary is between 40,000 INR and 55,000 INR.
Ques. Can I Apply for this Course after the 12th?
Ans. Yes. You can apply.
Ques. What is the Minimum Eligibility for Diploma in petroleum engineering?
Ans. The minimum eligibility for Diploma in petroleum engineering course is 10th from the recognized board.
Ques. What are the Career options after Completing Diploma in petroleum engineering?
Ans. Field Operator, Process Operator, Project Manager, Gas Service Technician, etc.