BSc Course: The Bachelor of Science degree program is abbreviated as B.Sc. This program is completed in three years, and the major subjects included are Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computers, Biology, etc.
BSc course admission in 2022 will be based entirely on merit and entrance examination across many Indian colleges. The top institutes to pursue a BSc degree are Delhi University, Loyola College Chennai, IISc Bangalore, University of Hyderabad, Presidency College Bangalore, and others. Entries to the B.Sc course are made through entrance exams such as CUCET, BHU UET, NPAT, and soon.
What is BSc Course?
B.Sc is an undergraduate degree in science, a three-year course of study taken by learners who have studied science in high school. The course is essential for learners who want to work in scientific sectors such as healthcare, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical, and manufacturing.
Most of the disciplines covered in the BSc course include physical science, chemistry, economics, agriculture, animation, applied science, mathematics, biology, and horticulture. The syllabus of BSc can vary based on the specialization you choose for study. However, subjects in the first year of each discipline consist of some common basic science subjects.
- Delhi University will take admissions to its UG courses, including B.Sc, on the basis of the CUET 2022 score. The registrations are going on, and the last date to apply is May 6, 2022. Click here for more details.
BSc Course Details: Key Features
- The full form of BSc is Bachelor of Science, an undergraduate degree that takes almost three years to complete. BSc Course admissions are provided across many colleges considering the merit of students and their performance in the relevant entrance exam.
- A minimum of 50% for general candidates and 45% for reserved candidates is the merit criteria. Including CUCET, BHU UET, and NPAT, there are some other BSc entrance exams: KCET, UPSEE, IISER, etc.
- Aside from the standard Bachelor of Science program, pupils can also undertake BSc Hons degrees. Two very different coursework have the same eligibility requirements.
- The fee for BSc can be different such that in public colleges, it is around INR 20000, and in private colleges is around INR 2 LPA.
- For pupils interested in pursuing BSc programs, there are many countless opportunities, including HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS), Kishore VaigyanikProtsahanYojana (KVPY), INSPIRE Scholarships, Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship, and others.
- The scope after completion of a BSc degree is great. Many jobs are related to this where one can make their career, including research associate, statistician, teacher, and many others linked to your chosen speciality.
- A BSc degree holder can expect an annual salary of INR 5 to INR 7 lacs.
- Individuals with a BSc can pursue postgraduate courses such as MBA, MSc, and PhD
Is B.Sc a Good Course?
BSc degree is granted to students pursuing UG programs of three years in the field of science. Pursuing a B.Sc course entails a substantial investment in somebody’s career path. Aside from the improved work opportunities that a Bachelor of Science degree can provide, learners will acquire useful skillsets and expertise and satisfy a Master’s research findings requirement. The specific academic areas of science that provide BSc degree courses are Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Business, and Biological and Life Sciences.
Why Study B.Sc after 12th?
There are many causes to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree as a viable career. For your convenience, even some of those are outlined below:
- Given the wide range of specializations accessible with a BSc degree, work opportunities following graduation are many. Pupils with a BSc degree can find employment in various areas like biology, physics, chemistry, natural science, and so on.
- Compared to other fields such as arts and commerce, the median wage bundle obtained after accomplishing a BSc journey is significantly higher. Also, with the progressive advancement of science and technology and modernization, resources for learners with a BSc degree are increasing, making it an effective career choice for pupils.
- Upon accomplishing the BSc journey, understudies can choose to further their learning in almost the same domain, including MSc or Ph.D., or alter their areas of knowledge and seek an MBA.
Who Should Pursue BSc Course?
Everyone who fulfills the least required eligibility criteria, i.e., candidates who passed their 12th class examinations with at least 50 percent or comparable CGPA and PCM as one‘s specialist study conjunction from a recognized institution, can continue pursuing a BSc. Apart from that, the requirements for pupils to seek a BSc curriculum are mentioned below:
- Applicants with a huge passion in and the context of Mathematics and Science are strongly motivated to continue a BSc degree.
- Candidates who want to seek multi- and cross-disciplinary scientific professions in the years ahead will benefit greatly from this course.
- Individuals with a BSc can expect to earn a high salary after specializing in a variety of areas.
When to pursue BSc Course?
- BSc studies are typically pursued following the conclusion of Upper Secondary evaluations. Understudies in the Science subjects choose Bachelor’s degree in Science as their university curriculum to acquire an additional in-depth understanding of the topics in the section.
- Pupils who would like to undertake a much more technical level of education take different admission tests to get into B-Tech. In contrast, youngsters who desire to improve their academic knowledge choose for BSc.
- The conventional BSc electives involve biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, home science, zoology, PCM, statistics.
- Agriculture, aquaculture, bioinformatics, computer science, electronics, physiotherapy, animation, biochemistry, genetics, fashion technology, multimedia, psychology, and many other subjects are covered in proficient BSc studies.
Modes of BSc Course
BSc courses are in great demand throughout India. For such pupils, various modes of classes have been structured. These involve distance BSc classes, full-time BSc classes, and part-time BSc, classes.
Full-Time B.Sc Course
Numerous colleges offer a BSc full-time degree program. Its complete on-campus graduate program gives students all the necessary skills and knowledge in a specific flow or topic. Such universities are Delhi University, Calcutta University, Miranda House, Kirori Mal, and other colleges.
The full-time BSc is offered in a wide range of specializations that means students can become specialists in their favorite science subject. The popular subjects one can choose to seek a BSc degree as IT, Biology, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Natural Science, Maths, and many others.
Part-Time BSc Course
Part-time degrees allow you to complete your degree program on your schedule. Various institutions offer part-time BSc programs in addition to full-time BSc courses. The part-time BSc degree can be pursued from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Millia Islamia, etc.
Online B.Sc Course
Online BSc is designed for students living away from main study campuses and who lack access to other educational facilities. BSc via online classes is provided from institutes like IGNOU, Uttarakhand Open University, TNOU, etc.
BSc Course Admission Process 2022
- Admission to BSc studies is framed in terms of qualifications and also entrance examination. The two protocols are covered in depth below for one’s convenience:
- In the months of May and June every year the application forms for the admission are made available.
- The leading colleges have affiliations to Delhi University, such as Hindu College, Miranda House, and others offer admissions for BSc based on the previous qualification. These colleges consider students’ marks secured in the 12th standard or equivalent.
- Some universities also give entrance exam-based admissions. These include Orrisa University of Agriculture and Technology, IISER, Aligarh Muslim University, and others. Shortlisting of candidates will be done after the entrance exam, and those selected will be called for interviews and counseling.
The application will be announced soon in the online as well as the offline manner of application. Students will download the applications from the online webpage of the respected university. All the information and documents will be uploaded to the online system. A counseling round always follows these tests at all levels, and the qualified candidates are called for it.
BSc Course Eligibility Criteria
- You must have a minimum of a 50% grade point average in 12th grade to be eligible for basic BSc courses. A few prestigious academic institutions require a minimum of 60 percent.
- Candidates should have completed required courses such as math, physics, biology, and chemistry at the high school level.
- In India, the age requirement for entry to a BSc program is eighteen years.
BSc Entrance Exam 2022
Entrance exams are used to determine BSc admission. Throughout India, numerous national, province, and institutional level admission exams are held. The below information contains a few of the details about leading BSc entry exams in India.
- JET: It is an entrance exam conducted by Jain University to provide various UG and PG admissions to numerous courses such as BSc. JET is conducted in both the online and offline method]. Students are given 3 hours to solve the paper.
- NPAT: The National Placement Assessment Test (NPAT) is a nationwide entry exam for admittance to UG and Assimilated degree courses. NarseeMonjee University administers the admissions test. The assessment is given entirely online and will last two hours.
- CUCET: Central Universities Common Entrance Tests (CUCET) is a countrywide test administered collectively by 10 central universities. This exam is used to determine central universities’ enrollment for all subject areas such as UG, PG, and many others. The test is given in a paper-and-pencil format. This test lasts two hours and comes with multiple queries.
- SUAT: SUAT is held each year specifically for entry to the Sharda University’s different programs. In addition to BSc, it is also conducted for admissions to various other courses such as B-Tech, BA, BCA, MBA, MCA, etc. This entrance exam is based on an online system that is one can attain this test at home.
BSc Entrance Exam Syllabus
Entrance to a BSc degree program chosen in any specialization is based on the entrance exam in most cases. Various universities conduct the tests, but all follow a general syllabus. Generally, the subjects included in the entrance exam of BSc are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Computer Science. The English component of the entrance test also assesses candidates’ grasp of the English language. It is to be notified that each section of the entrance exam carries equal marks. The distribution of marks is sometimes 1 for each right answer or sometimes 4 for each right answer.
DU BSc Admission 2022
The Delhi University, also renowned as DU, was founded in 1992. To determine the merit of students who apply for DU BSc admission, the University will conduct an entrance exam at its institute level. DU also provides Merit-based admissions in some cases.
BSc Admissions 2022 at Delhi University will be started in May 2022. DU is going to conduct the entrance exam in June 2022 after the closing of the application procedure. The exam conducted by DU has a duration of two hours for solving the paper.
IGNOU BSc Admission 2022
IGNOU offers Bsc Course admission for the academic session 2022-23, To provide higher education required for a B.Sc. degree in conformity with the UGC-CBCS to aspirants (including learners from the deprived sections and those living in remote and rural areas) seeking the degree for employment, further higher education, promotion in career and professional development.
The eligibility criteria are 10+2 with science subjects or their equivalent qualification. The fee structure of IGNOU Bsc is Rs. 15,300/- for the full programme to be paid year wise @ Rs.5,100/- per year. Fee to be paid in first year, including Registration Fee of Rs.200/- is Rs.5,300/
BSc Admission in IPU
Indraprastha University is also known as Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Every year IPU receives applications for BSc admissions in March, and for the new admissions, the University will also begin the applications in March 2022. After closing the application process, IPU will conduct the entrance exam in April 2022. The Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is conducted every year for providing admissions in various courses, including BSc.
BSc Admission in Symbiosis University
Symbiosis University will soon release the application forms for applying to its various associated colleges for BSc admissions. A general SET entrance test is taken at Symbiosis University level from all the candidates who apply to its courses such as BSc and various others.
BSc Admission to Symbiosis University will begin in January 2022. The University will issue the admit cards in April, and the test will be held in May 2022. Appearing to this test is possible after you qualify 10(2 with 50% marks.
BSc Admission in Amity University
Amity University is a private institute and the best university offering education in various UG and PG levels. Students can choose a BSc course within a variety of study domains at the Amity.
Students can apply via the online application portal of Amity University. The applications are open and will be closed in June 2022. Application forms will be available on the online website with an application cost of INR 1100.
BSc Distance Education
BSc Distance Education academic institutions give the possibility of earning this degree while working. It is perhaps the most adaptable type of degree program. In India, universities such as IGNOU, Karnataka State Open University, the University of Mumbai, Annamalai University, and Osmania University offer Distance BSc programs.
Distance BSc Admission Process
BSc distance learning is a prevalent place for individuals who would like to work and learn simultaneously. Academic institutions in India that provide distance BSc programs include Uttarakhand Open University, Karnataka State Open University, Jaipur National University, IGNOU New Delhi, Andhra University, and many others.
The cost of BSc distance courses is a fee of INR 13 to INR 20 thousand. Entrance exams are not included in the criteria of distance admissions, and merit is focused. Age limit is not fixed for BSc distance admissions, and mostly the selection criteria are the same as in the case of other BSc courses.
IGNOU BSc Distance Education
IGNOU is the short form for Indira Gandhi NationalOpen University is the study hub in India for distance education. A BSc degree can be pursued at IGNOU within three years minimum. It can last for a maximum period of 6 years. The BSc education offered by IGNOU in distance mode is accessible to every student. It is facilitating in case of time management and saving money. The cost for providing a BSc education at IGNOU is about INR 12500. There is no bar of upper and lower age limits for students applying to IGNOU BSc.
BSc Course Syllabus
This program aims to provide both practical and theoretical knowledge in subjects such as mathematics, biology, physics, computer science, chemistry, and so on. There is a wind range of specializations, and one can choose to pursue a BSc degree. These include physics, natural science, chemistry, IT, agriculture, nursing, biotechnology, etc. Subjects are different as per the chosen specialization, such as in chemistry one learners about industrial chemistry, green chemistry, polymer chemistry, energy & fuel cells, etc. Some subjects related to mathematics are analysis, algebra, calculus, vector analysis, probability theory, and soon.
BSc Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has a total of 284 colleges where BSc education is offered. These include 188 private BSc colleges, and 92 are public BSc colleges. The leading institutes in Delhi providing BSc courses are St. Stephens College, Hindu College, GD Goenka University, and Lady Shri Ram College for Women, KR Mangalam University, and Miranda House. The average course fee here ranges from INR 19000 to INR 105000 per year.
BSc Colleges in Mumbai
Almost 120 colleges in Mumbai are associated with the BSc courses. There are 92 private colleges and 27 public colleges offering BSc courses. Among these 120, some are named St. Xaviers College, DG Ruparel College of Arts Science & Commerce, Mithibai College, Jai Hind College, KishinchandChillaram College, and soon. The BSc course in these mentioned colleges ranges from INR 7000 to INR 50000.
BSc Colleges in Bangalore
As per the NIRF ranking, the top BSc colleges are Kristu Jayanti College, St. Josephs College, Jain University, Christ University, Mount Carmel College, and The Oxford College of Science. Including these colleges, Bangalore has almost 140 BSc degree colleges. Out of these, 112 are private, and 24 are public-owned colleges that offer BSc education. BSc course fee here ranges from INR 20000 to INR 120000.
BSc Colleges in Hyderabad
In Hyderabad, about 70 colleges are offering education via a BSc degree. The figure of 70 includes 58 private colleges and 12 public BSc colleges. Hyderabad’s leading BSc colleges are AV College Arts Science and Commerce, Osmania University College for Women, DR. BR AmbedkarOpen University, and others. The amount fee ranges from INR 2000 to INR 102000 in the colleges of Hyderabad.