BMLT Course: BMLT is a bachelor’s degree course of 3 years. It is the study of detection of disease, therapeutic interventions, and diagnosis using Medical Lab Tests. A lower limit of 60% in aggregate or comparable in Class 10+2 from any recognized institution is required to attain the path. BMLT Admission 2022 is centered on the candidate’s performance in the admission test, which includes JIPMER, JNUEE, and others. Many colleges make enrollment decisions dependent on the obtained score of merit in the most recent board exam.
BMLT Course Highlights
|Salary||INR 1.17 LPA to INR 5.5 LPA|
What is BMLT?
Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology is a popular undergraduate course to learn the advanced skills related to lab technology. The program gives representatives an in-depth understanding of medical instruments and their application in medical testing. This training is useful to learners who want to work in laboratory monitoring, laboratory innovation, or measuring instruments.
A Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology degree can lead to employment options in health care system treatment centers, state and corporate medical facilities, research labs, medical laboratories, and other settings. The subjects in the course of BMLT are included as Human Physiology, Bio-Medical Waste Management, Human Anatomy, Health Communication & Health Education, Biochemistry, and soon.
BMLT Course Details
- A Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory Technology is shortly abbreviated as BMLT.
- This course is designed to teach students about the technologies used in medical labs to cure and diagnose diseases.
- Admission to this course is provided by checking the students’ performance in the relevant entrance exam. However, some MLT institutes get students in through the direct admission system by issuing the merit list based on previous qualifying exams of the board.
- The applicants must qualify for the last board exams with at least a minimum score of 50% or even more.
- For BMLT, the most common admission tests conducted by students are JNUEE, JIMPER, and soon. A counseling round always follows entrance exams.
- Depending on the type and location of the institute, the mean fee of the BMLT course in India may range from INR 45000 to INR 60000. In the private sector colleges, the fee is even higher for the BMLT course.
- There are offered a wide variety of jobs to the BMLT degree holders, including Lab Technologist, Medical Technician, and soon. In the modern-day medical sector, the demand for these jobs is very high.
- Being employed on any of the posts related to BMLT can provide your annual earnings of INR 230000 to INR 300000.
All about BMLT Course
Medical Lab technology is one of the most rapidly growing areas in the medical field. Every day, there is an increase in the demand for skilled people to cure fast-expanding ailments using numerous technology facilities. Candidates with a BAMLT bachelor’s obtain technical and practical expertise for accurate diagnosis and awareness of how to proficiently operate biological labs. The course focuses on training nominees in the administration of operating rooms (OTs) and how to easily manage numerous medical tools and implement standards of care.
Why Study BMLT Course after 12th?
The healthcare industry is one of the quickest increasing, along with various disorders and increasing healthcare awareness and issues, for medical institutions and industries, implementation and utilization of technology are critical. As a result, there is a growing need for skilled and experts to regularly operate and manage numerous technology tools in clinics and medical centers.
- A BMLT or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology degree may lead to employment options in a variety of fields, including:
- A nominee may choose to work as a Scientific Scholar/ Researcher or in R&D research labs.
- A student may choose to collaborate as a Lab technologist in public health laboratories, pathology labs, pharmaceutical labs, research and product development, hospitals, and other settings.
- One can work as a research associate in a variety of biotechnological sectors. Also, can work as a superintendent or advisor in a lab, the pharmaceutical industry, or product testing firms, among other places.
- A professional life on this ground is one of the most complex tasks and rewarding in competitive terms. In this line of work, difficult obstacles and newer technologies are encountered daily.
Who Should Pursue BMLT?
- An applicant who wishes to serve in the medical industry and learn more about and research the facets and applications of instrumentation in the healthcare industry may select to begin their profession by enrolling in this UG program of Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- The program is intended for pupils who want to become competent experts in the field of medical technology. During the journey, learners gain adequate knowledge and the necessary talent to work proficiently in the health industry.
- Medical science is among the exquisite fields; this is in a growing market, and applicants with a curiosity in the healthcare field choose to land a job in it.
- Medical lab technicians take a critical role in the implementation of different diagnosing and pathophysiology laboratory work.
When to Pursue BMLT?
Upon completing his/her intermediate, an applicant can pursue a UG degree in medical laboratory technology. After passing class 10+2, a nominee can pursue a certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology, which will expand a wide range of job options. However, to be effective in MLT, an applicant should first complete a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology.
Types of BMLT Course
With the passage of technology advancement, medical labs have become more advanced, and to run such technologies. For fulfilling the needs of students for completing their BMLT education, different methods are adopted, such as:
A Full-Time BMLT course is the most common learning method utilized by institutions and students. In this course, the studies are divided into six semesters of the three years completing period. The enrollment rate for BMLT full-time is higher than the part-time and online BMLT courses.
Upon finishing BMLT, you would be able to pursue a rewarding career in a private laboratory, minor emergency centers, clinics, doctor’s offices, hospital, or blood donor centers. A technician can advance to the level of technologist via additional working experience and knowledge. Graduates who accomplish BMLT often work as High ranking Technicians in Diagnostic Laboratories, Hospitals, Blood Banks, and Nursing Homes.
The part-Time education system for BMLT is intended to teach students who lack time for completing their higher education. As we know that BMLT is a graduate degree program, and its importance is very well known to every student; due to its demand, students are now diverting their interests towards this field. However, not everyone can take full-time classes to complete BMLT.
BMLT through part-time mode is most facilitating to the students engaged in professional life and have no time management. Such students can complete their bachelor’s degree by taking enrollment to a part-time BMLT program.
Online BMLT Course
Online Bachelor’s degree program of Medical Lab technology is based on learning through video lectures, either real-time or recorded. The course fee in online learning is less, and everyone can easily afford it, and even professionals can take online classes at their workplaces.
The eligibility required for online courses is almost based on 10+2 results and exclusive of the entrance exam. For online BMLT courses, the most recommended institutes are IGNOU, Tamil Nadu Open University, and many others. An online BMLT degree is also demanding in various public and private healthcare sectors.
BMLT Admission Process 2022
In the majority of BMLT institutes, the system of direct Admission is adopted. In such a selection system, the previous marks of the students in 10+2 are considered for BMLT Admission.
When the Admission process starts, students will apply simply through the online mode at the official webpage of the university to which they are applying. Physical applications can also be sent to the university in which an application form along with the attested documents must be attached in the prescribed manner.
Mostly BMLT Admission is granted through intermediate score basis of the candidate. Other institutes, which provide entrance-based Admission will commence the exam in September 2022. The results of the conducted entrance exams will be issued hopefully in October 2022, and then the classes will be started.
Some institutions conduct their organized admission tests for selection to BMLT. They also organize the counseling to guide the students after their qualification in the exam. for more information regarding admission CLICK HERE
BMLT Course Eligibility Criteria
- BMLT applicant must have completed 12th with a minimum of 60% points.
- When applying to the BMLT bachelor’s degree program, the student’s age must not be less than 17 years.
- Students who have completed their board examination of 10+2, but their result has not been announced yet, are also welcomed to apply for BMLT.
- There are no national-level entrance exams for these courses; however, some institutes may conduct entrance exams to offer BMLT admission.
BMLT Course Entrance Exam 2022
There is no separate entry requirement for Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology enrollment; acceptances are influenced by past standardized test competence results or are made via National Medical exams.
Even so, public universities such as AIIMS and PGIMER make admittance decisions based on marks obtained by students in an entrance exam administered by the corresponding academy. These entry exams include the 12th class departure questionnaire in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. A few of the BMLT popular entrance exams are:
- JNUEE: Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam has been conducted once a year to offer Admission to BMLT and other various courses. Other than JNU’s main campus, this exam provides entry for its 14 affiliated schools. The applications for JNUEE will be issued in July 2022. Counseling of students is also conducted here.
- PGIMER: The applications for PGIMER will be released by the INICEE in March 2022. This entrance exam is conducted for various medical degree courses such as BMLT.
- JIMPER: For various medical courses, JIMPER has now been replaced by NEET and is conducted every year by NTA.
- BCECE: Previously, the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) was held for enrollment in engineering, medicine, pharmacy, and architecture.
BMLT Entrance Exam Syllabus
Applicants must be cognizant of the BMLT entrance exam 2022 Syllabus and plan better to gain enrollment to the numerous programs such exams offer. Applicants will be evaluated in the entrance exam on their understanding of all topics offered during the 12th class curriculum, such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English subjects. Usually, the question paper consists of 100 questions in the format of MCQs. The time given to students may vary depending on the institute. In some cases, negative marking is applicable, and one mark is subtracted if you selected the wrong option.
BMLT Admission in Delhi University
Delhi University is a prestigious university in India renowned for its high education excellence, distinctive teaching staff, impressive graduates, diverse founder actions, and high living standards spread across four sites. A highly standardized education for BMLT courses can be obtained from Delhi University.
DU accepts the score of various national entrance exams for BMLT, or it also conducts its university level entrance exam known as Delhi University Joint Admission Test DU JAT. The method of BMLT learning at DU is full-time and regular.
BMLT Admission in IGNOU
IGNOU is the ideal choice if you are a student and want to enroll in distance BMLT. The Indira Gandhi National Open University has an advanced BMLT curriculum, and subjects are almost the same that are taught in regular BMLT courses. There is no concept of an entrance exam for BMLT Admission in IGNOU. The study expenses of BMLT are also reasonable and affordable for students. While being enrolled in distance courses, students can also work on a part-time or full-time basis.
BMLT Admission in IPU
IPU offers a three-year Bachelor of MedicalLab Technology program. It is the short form used for the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The BMLT program offered by IPU is approved by all the approving agencies such as UGC, AICTE, and soon. AT IPU, one can pursue BMLT in the full-time learning mode. Eligibility of a student for IPU BMLT based on his/her marks in the 10+2 exam.
BMLT in Symbiosis University
Symbiosis University is known for conducting Admission through the SET entrance exam every year. The BMLT Admission 2022 at Symbiosis will also be offered through SET. It is the university-level entrance exam conducted by Symbiosis University itself. Students can take Admission to the main Symbiosis Campus or its affiliated bodies by qualifying for this exam. Excluding the entrance exam score, the 10+2 score of candidates is also a criterion for determining students’ eligibility.
BMLT Admission in Amity University
BMLT Admission in Amity University is offered each year to many students via its entrance exam policy. The test is the Amity organized entrance designed for Admission to various courses being offered by Amity. Amity University is the research institute that is most suitable for getting a BMLT course because students can learn here important research-related concepts of MLT and can further research for new technologies.
BMLT Distance Education
BMLT Distance Education is intended to teach the students with the same curriculum as it is adopted for the regular courses. Through this course, students become experts to serve in the highly advanced Medical Technology Labs.
Distance BMLT Admission Process
Distance BMLT Admission Process is described as:
- The distance BMLT Admission is merit-based. Students who have a certificate of 10+2 or even a diploma degree in any related field are eligible for BMLT distance Admission.
- There are no age limit criteria for BMLT Admission, and also the concept of entrance exam is excluded.
IGNOU BMLT Distance Education
IGNOU prepares excellent graduates of MLT through its distance learning BMLT program. IGNOU never compromises the quality of education. It is one of the most favorite institutes of students who desire to study in distance mode. Distance BMLT, pursued at IGNOU, provides an equal weightage of job opportunities to qualified candidates.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology or BSc Medical Lab Technology is a program of three years separated up into six semesters. The BMLT curriculum is organized and intended to expose learners to the significance of labs in wellbeing and other industries. Its syllabus consisted of many subjects, including Human Anatomy, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Parasitology, Health Education, Virology, and others introduced to learners. Excluding the major subjects of study, the curriculum consists of some elective subjects intended to provide some extra related skills.
BMLT Colleges in Delhi
Being the capital city of India, Delhi is also a central hub for education in India. Delhi has numerous private and public colleges where students can pursue BMLT degrees. Some colleges among the top ones are Aditya Institute of Technology, Rajiv Gandhi Medical Institute, Delhi Paramedical Management Institute, and many others. In the public colleges of Delhi, the BMLT fee is about INR 75000 to 80000, but in the private BMLT colleges, the range of fee is about INR 4 to 5 LPA.
BMLT Colleges in Mumbai
In Mumbai, the colleges offering BMLT education are numerous and popular all over the country. The top colleges are Dr. Gaikwad Institute, Perth Institutes of Pharmacy, Institute of Paramedical Education, and Success Pharmacy Academy. Some others are Om Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Damyanti Modi DMIT Institute, Angel Wings Nursing Institute, etc. The range of BMLT course fees in Mumbai colleges is about INR 35000 to INR 3 lacs annually.
BMLT Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore is an attractive study hub for many students in India. BMLT courses at Bangalore Colleges are also being taught to thousands of students. Top BMLT colleges in Bangalore are Mahatma Phule Paramedical College, Sanskruti Academy, MaaBhagwati Institute, and soon. In all of these reputed colleges of Bangalore, the average annual BMLT course fee starts from INR 40000 and reaches a higher limit of INR 70000.
BMLT Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad has a good number of medical colleges in the country, and the colleges in Hyderabad are also popular for offering quality education. Some BMLT colleges in Hyderabad include AWARE College of Nursing/Medical Lab Technology, KU, Santosh College, and many more.