BBA Course: BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration is an undergraduate program. This three-year course is designed to teach Business subjects to students and to enhance their entrepreneurial and managerial skills. Various specializations are chosen to take a BBA program. The important specializations include HRM, Marketing, and Finance. Students from the streams of science, commerce, and arts, are eligible for applying to BBA.
- Admissions to the BBA Course are based on both entrance tests and merit.
- Standard BBA entrance examinations include University exams CET, DU JAT, and NPAT.
- Best BBA Course Institutes in India include NMIMS Maharashtra, SSCBS Delhi, IIM Rohtak, and Department of biotechnology Hyderabad.
- There are some Integrated BBA Courses like BBA LLB & BBA MBA that last up to 5 years and teach both programs.
- Students who cannot attend a normal BBA degree due to time or budget restrictions can study BBA online education.
- An Online BBA course costs roughly INR 20,000-60,000, which is less than a conventional BBA.
- Computer Applications, International Business, Tourism, Marketing, human resource management, economics are all BBA specializations.
- BBA Course fees range from INR 50,000 to 2 LPA, while average yearly salaries range INR 2 to 10 LPA.
- Corporate Development Director, Advertising Assistant, Travel etc.
- Students can obtain their Master’s degree by pursuing BBA abroad.
BBA Admission 2022 is going to be organized through merit and entrance exam performance. In India, leading BBA colleges are found in Bangalore, Kolkata, Delhi, Pune, and Mumbai. The Whistling Woods, SP Jain, etc., are the famous BBA colleges in Mumbai.
What is BBA Course?
BBA is the abbreviation for the Bachelor of Business Administration. The syllabus of BBA is organized in a way to enhance the skills of business administration in students. Which subjects are there in BBA? The important BBA course subjects are Banking & Insurance, Management Accounting, and Ethics at Workplace, Human Behaviour, Macroeconomics, and Principals of Management.
BBA is a program that is specifically tailored to meet the demands of industry and the marketplace. Top positions are offered to students after this course. A range of INR 2 to 10 LPA is the average salary of persons holding this degree. One can continue his/her studies in streams such as MBA in Marketing, MBA in HR, and MBA in Finance, at the postgraduate level.
BBA Course Details: Key features
- Bachelor of Business Administration is the full form of BBA.
- The admission criteria of BBA programs are designed to be based on both the merit and entrance exam.
- The IPU CET, NPAT, DU JAT, and other such entrance exams are conducted for the BBA.
- As per the ranking of NIRF, the ICFAI Hyderabad, SSCBS New Delhi, NMIMS Mumbai, IIM Rohtak, etc., are the top BBA colleges.
- The five years long BBA dual degree program such as BA LLB is also available and is taught separately from regular BBA.
- Students who have financial and time constraints can pursue part-time or distance degree programs.
- About INR 20K to 60K is the average annual fee for Distance BBA Course, which is affordable for students working part-time.
- IGNOU offers a three years distance BBA Course with an average fee of INR 60K.
- Some specializations such as HR, Marketing, and Finance are chosen by most of the students.
- INR 50K to 2 lacs is the range of the BBA course fee. Such degree holders can earn a salary package of INR 2 to INR 8 lacs per annum.
- Students can be employed in positions such as Event Manager, Travel& Tourism Manager, Marketing Associate, and Business Development Executive.
All About BBA Course
The BBA program is designed to provide students with essential entrepreneurial and management abilities. Students from any stream can apply and learn these skills. Such important skills are equally important in various disciplines such as Marketing, Finance, and Human resources. All this is done through the training provided through this course for management and business administration.
Why to choose BBA After 12th?
- Can I do BBA after 12th? Students are welcome to build a career in the business field immediately after completing their 12th class.
- The experience gained by such students is of immense importance as they are instantly hired on top positions.
- If a student cannot study higher-level courses such as MBA, he/she can complete BBA easily. In this way, they can save time and money as the fees at the PG level are much higher.
- BBA must be obtained by the students even though they will pursue an MBA degree, as the BBA degree will provide them with a baseline for their MBA degree.
- There are many chances to interact with MBA seniors to gain knowledge and experience from them.
Who Should Pursue BBA Course?
When you start something, it is very important to have some skills related to that field. The things we need to know before pursuing BBA are given as:
- Who can choose BBA course? Those passionate about being a part of the Management sector are very well suitable for pursuing this degree. The BBA course requires 10+2 level education from a recognised board of India.
- After completing this BBA course, students can become successful entrepreneurs or can even start their own business companies.
- Individuals who are sincere in making their career bright can take this degree BBA program as the right choice.
- BBA degree is helpful to candidates for gaining knowledge about new trends and requirements of the business globe. To enter the sector of marketing, the skills acquired through BBA are important.
- It is advised to do this course for students who will pursue BBA in the future or serve the nation through business strategies.
When to Pursue BBA Course?
- The right time to pursue the BBA degree program is just after completing a 10+2 level degree.
- Those who want to be experts in the management sector and our desire to take management studies will take this course as the stepping stone.
- BBA will enhance the core understanding of each subject included in the syllabus, and this will be a good choice for further continuing to study MBA.
- The demand in the last years has risen for BBA courses, thus has generated job opportunities in the private and public industry.
Types of BBA Course
Owing to the ever-increasing demand for education in BBA, many colleges have developed in India to facilitate such students. It is now being offered in the distance, online, or part-time mode.
BBA Full Time Course
BBA Full-time course is a key for getting a successful career in Management. This is completed at the UG level in about three years. Thousands of students in India opt for the regular mode of the BBA program.
- There are both types of methods adopted for admission are the entrance exam or merit type admission. The NPAT, DU JAT, and IPU CET are the top popular entrance exams for BBA.
- Students can pursue BBA specializations such as BBA LLB, BBA Banking and Insurance, BBA International Business, BBA HRM, etc.
- The SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Gargi College, Shailesh J Mehta School of Management are the BBA colleges. The average fee amount charged for BBA is INR 3 to INR 6 LPA.
The Part-time BBA is a regular BBA course at the UG level and is completed in 3 years. There is no need to appear in the class physically, as mandatory for regular courses, which makes learning easier.
Those aspirants who are not able to take regular classes can find part-time BBA as an ideal course. There is not much difference in the study curriculum of BBA in full-time and part-time mode.
In top BBA Part-time Indian Colleges, the range of course fees lies between INR 45000 to INR 60000 annually.
Online BBA Course
BBA online was created to give individuals an opportunity to understand the fundamentals of business management and implement their theory in practice through the use of simulated quality education.
- The curriculum covers Retail Management, Human Resource & Management, Business and Communication, Organizational Behaviour, Management Skills, and many others.
- Online BBA classes are less expensive than traditional BBA classes. The mean cost for an online BBA program would be around INR 27,000.
- In Online BBA, one can also choose any related specialization.
BBA Admission Process 2022
Everyone desiring to study at Top BBA colleges can apply for BBA degree admission. The Application forms for BBA course will soon be available. Both the merit-based and entrance exam performance are the foundations for giving enrolment. Many colleges only consider the previous merit, excluding the entrance exam.
The marks secured by the individuals at the 12th class level are the basis for direct admission to BBA.
In almost every college offering BBA admission, the eligibility criteria of having at least 50% marks are the set eligibility criteria.
Loyola College, JD Birla Institute, Mount Carmel College, Madras Cristian College, and others are among the colleges that have adapted to the system of direct entries in their Bachelor of Business Administration programs.
Various national entrance exams are conducted in the country for BBA. Top BBA entry exams are MUMCET, IPU CET, UPSEE, and soon.
The entrance exams such as DU JAT, NPAT, SET, and others are conducted by the universities such as SSCBS, Christ University, and Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce SVKMS NMIMS.
Generally, in April or May, the registrations for the BBA Entrance Exam 2022 will start.
BBA Course Eligibility Criteria
- In all colleges offering BBA degrees, it has been the mandatory requirement to have at least qualification of 12th class for taking admission to BBA.
- The minimum marks that are required to be secured by a candidate are 50 percent of the total. Some colleges demand at least 60 percent.
- The age limit for general candidates is about 17 to 22 years; however, for SC/ST categories, the age must be between 17 and 24.
BBA Entrance Exam 2022
There are number of entrance exams for BBA Course which is widely accepted by many Universities & Colleges. Few are listed below:
NMIMS NPAT: For admission to UG and integrated degree courses and entrance exam named NPAT is organized by the NareseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies. Students can appear in this exam after completing intermediate. The only criteria to appear in this course other than qualification is your age must not be more than 25 years.
IPU CET: If anyone wants to get admission in IPU and affiliated colleges for getting a BBA degree, then he/she will have to appear in the IPU CET.
DU JAT: This is an entrance exam to grant BBA admission. Its criteria include candidates must be 12th passed having a least of 50% marks.
BBA Entrance Exam Syllabus
There are four sections in the BBA entrance exam: General Awareness, Reasoning, English Proficiency or English Language, Quantitative or Numerical Ability. Negative marking is applicable in this entrance exam. If you select the right answer, you will (+3 marks. On selection of a wrong answer, your marks will be deducted by -1. The marking patterns can be different in some colleges.
BBA Admission 2022
Each University in India conducts its entrance exam or accepts the national or regional entrance exam score to offer BBA admission. BBA admission is also directly offered based on merit in many colleges.
In a variety of Indian colleges, the admission for BBA will start in April or hopefully in May 2022.
Applications for BBA admission can be submitted by choosing any of the available specializations.
The admission process starts from the written exam and ends with issuing a merit list after the counseling round.
After completing the 12th class, you can also get admission to some colleges directly without an entrance exam.
DU BBA Admission
Delhi University conducts a DU JAT admission test for BBA Course. To appear in this test, every student will first qualify intermediate with at least 50% marks. The main subjects of study in 12th must be Mathematics and English.
For BBA course in DU, it may conduct the DU JAT 2022 in online mode. In this exam, four sections will be included in the question paper, including general awareness & business, general English, quantitative ability, and reasoning & analytical ability. Four marks are added for each rightly selected answer, whereas one mark is deducted for a wrong answer due to a negative marking.
After the entrance examination, authorities issue a merit list in which the names of candidates qualifying exam and selected are listed. The final selection of candidates is based on the interview and group discussion round in which the qualified candidates are called.
IGNOU BBA Admission
IGNOU offers two specializations, and these are BBA Services Management and BBA Retailing. The Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited is in collaboration with IGNOU in providing this BBA in SM. BBA at IGNOU is a creative and evolving degree course. A work experience certificate along with the degree is provided on successful completion of this course. IGNOU provides merit-based admission and conducts an interview only. Admission in IGNOU with common eligibility criteria is offered to its physically fit students directly, and to its sponsored students provide this course indirectly.
BBA Admission in IPU
GGSIPU conducts an all-India level entrance exam named IPU CET to offer admission in BBA. IPU is authorized to conduct this entrance exam every year. There are four sections in IPU CET, and a total of two and a half is provided for solving the paper. The average fee of BBA at IPU is around INR 65000 for one year.
BBA Admission in Symbiosis University
Symbiosis University admission 2022 will be based on the eligibility criteria that will include a mandatory 12th pass certificate with a least of 50% in general categories and 45% of marks in the case of reserved categories.
The university conducts an entrance exam named Symbiosis University Entry Test or SET, followed by an interview.
The selection process adopted for BBA admission at Symbiosis University is based on the results of PIWAT and SET; in both cases, the minimum score is 50 percent.
BBA Admission in Amity University
Amity University is a leading University in India that provides BBA courses in its various campuses across the country.
Amity Admission 2022 for BBA will be based on an entrance exam conducted on a national scale. The merit of students will also be considered in many cases. , along with the entrance exam score demands a minimum of 50% score secured by general aspirants. However, reserved category aspirants are required to be 45% at least.
After the conductance of the entrance exam, the university calls its admission test qualified students for interview. In a counseling round, students are given a chance to select their desired specialization.
BBA Distance Education
BBA via Distance Education is very much facilitating to students who want to take classes at their homes or could not attend regular classes due to any reason. The Madras University, TNOU, and IGNOU are the ideal institutions for taking a BBA Distance degree course. Students will be admitted in merit criteria that are based on a minimum level of 50 percentile marks.
Distance BBA Admission Process
Distance mode studies are available for BBA. Several leading Universities such as IGNOU, Madras University, and others are running distance BBA courses. Below is given the admission process for BBA such that:
The eligibility criteria of a student for BBA admission is 12thlevel qualification.
BBA admission is offered directly without conducting any entrance exam.
The Distance Education for BBA in some colleges is just provided with the submission of the application.
IGNOU BBA Distance Education
IGNOU offers BBA degree educations to its students being incorporated into the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited. BBA studies offered at IGNOU are truly innovative. Students enrolled in BBA courses at IGNOU get the advantage of taking a certificate of experience along the degree. BBA admission at IGNOU will start in January 2022.
The Indira Gandhi NationalOpen University offers Service Management and Retailing as the specializations for BBA. For these streams, admission in July is organized every year.
The duration covered for each of the programs is three years. However, it can also extend up to 6 years.
For admission in IGNOU BBA courses, a student needs to have a 12thcertificateor a diploma certificate in the equivalent stream.
BBA Course Subjects
The syllabus of BBA includes subjects such as Statistics, Business Economics, Organizational Behaviour, Principal of Management, Business Mathematics, and others.
To impart entrepreneurial and managerial skills in students is the main goal of studying such subjects.
Based on the chosen specialization, BBA Course subjects can vary. Some important disciplines for BBA are Marketing & Sales, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, and soon.
BBA Colleges in Delhi
In Delhi, around 150 BBA colleges exist. BBA can be completed in the BBA Delhi colleges with an average course fee of INR 4 to INR 6 LPA. Students can also continue their BBA courses along with the MBA courses. Many colleges are offering these courses simultaneously. Many colleges in Delhi are affiliated with Delhi University and offer BBA admission via DU JAT score.
BBA Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai has almost 105 colleges as a whole, which include almost 21 public and 84 private colleges. BBA can be pursued in any of these colleges since, according to the BIRF rankings, NMIMS is the top BBA College in Mumbai. The annual average BBA fee at NMIMS is about INR 3,82,600. BBA Mumbai colleges offer full-time BBA and also the integrated BBA with LLB.
BBA Colleges in Bangalore
There are 167 colleges in which one can pursue BBA courses. In these colleges, 23 are public, and 144 are private. Bangalore has a top institute that offers BBA in both regular and distance learning modes. Some of the top colleges in Bangalore are Mount CarmelCollege, GIBS Business School, Christ University, and others. The average BBA fee in the Bangalore colleges ranges from INR 1.15 to 6 LPA.
BBA Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad has some top BBA colleges where BBA courses are provided in many specializations. St. Josephs Degree & PG College, GITAM Business School, ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education are top-ranked BBA colleges at Hyderabad as per the ranking list of every agency. There are almost 44 BBA colleges where INR 2.36 LPA is the course fee.